All of our courses and talks will be delivered in Partnership with Paisley Thread Mill Museum, who will host our meetings.
Paisley Thread Mill Museum, Mile End Mill, 12 Seedhill Rd, Paisley PA1 1JS. (Parking available at night).
To book a place, please use our secure booking form and PayPal processing via the links at the bottom of this page to our forthcoming talks.
- SC1 : Monday 1st October 2018 7 – 9 pm £5.00 per person
- Witchcraft to Thread – a short study of how fine linen thread manufacturing arrived in Renfrewshire in 1722 and the effect it had on Scotland.
- SC2 : Monday 8th October 2018 7 – 9 pm £5.00 per person
- The 1696 Bargarran Witch Hunt– A look at Christian Shaw’s early life and the events leading up to the execution of seven people on the Gallows in Paisley for tormenting her through witchcraft.
- SC3 : Monday 15th October 2018 7 – 9 pm £5.00 per person
- Paisley Abbey: An Introduction– a quick look at the origins of Paisley Abbey, its rise to fame and the landscape of medieval Paisley
- SC4 : Monday 22nd October 2018 7 – 9pm £5.00 per person
- Witchcraft in Scotland – an introduction to witch hunting in Scotland from the mid 16th Century.
- SC5 : Monday 29th October 2018 7 – 9pm £5.00 per person
- Renfrewshire Witchcraft 1600 – 1650 – a look at early witch cases in the old County of Renfrew with cases in Inverclyde, East Renfrewshire and of course modern day Renfrewshire!
- SC6 : Monday 5th November 2018 7 – 9pm £5.00 per person
- Paisley Papers and the Textile Industry 1800 – 1900 – A look at the early history of the textile industry in Paisley and Renfrewshire through the local paper reports of the day.
- SC7 : Monday 12th November 2018 7 – 9pm £5.00 per person
- SC7 Clarks and Coats: The Early Years A look at The arrival of cotton thread manufacturing in paisley.