After a few years break we are pleased to announce that our short courses and talks are set to return from October 2018.
All of our courses and talks will be delivered in Partnership with Paisley Thread Mill Museum, who will host our meetings.
The first talks will be on the 1st and 7th October at 7pm – 9pm in Paisley Thread Mill Museum, Mile End Mill, 12 Seedhill Rd, Paisley PA1 1JS. (Parking available at night). To book a place, please use our secure booking form and PayPal processing
- Monday 1st October 2018 7 – 9 pm £5.00 per person
- Witchcraft to Thread – a short study of how fine linen thread manufacturing arrived in Renfrewshire in 1722 and the effect it had on Scotland.
- Monday 8th October 2018 7 – 9 pm £5.00 per person
- The 1696 Bargarran Witch Hunt– A look at Christian Shaw’s early life and the events leading up to the execution of seven people on the Gallows in Paisley for tormenting her through witchcraft.
- Monday 15th October 2018 7 – 9 pm £5.00 per person
- Paisley Abbey: An Introduction– a quick look at the origins of Paisley Abbey, its rise to fame and the landscape of medieval Paisley